Thursday 27 November 2014

Week 11 : The Preparation Proposal Slide and The Presentation Day

Objective: 
To discuss with my supervisor on Monday and attend the presentation the Project Proposal on Wednesday.

Analysis/Procedure:
During Monday I met my supervisor, Sir Nor Azman to get advices and discussion about project proposal presentation. After the discussion and some advices, I manage to complete slide presentation as the following format:
The Final Year Presentation I (FYP I) took place in the Dewan Gemilang, Unikl British Malaysian Institute (BMI) on 26th of November 2014. The presentation started at 3:00 in the evening. I was assigned to two assessors from the FYP committee whom are lecturers from the Electrical Section. My assessors are Prof. IR. DR. Mohd Khairil Rahmat and Miss Pusparini Dewi Binti Abd Aziz.

The first assessor is Prof. IR. DR. Mohd Khairil Rahmat. I presented my proposal project presentation to him. He listened through the presentation until the question and answer (Q&A) session which he asked a few questions. Fortunately, I answered all his question. In the end of the first presentation, he asked me why i must use DC-DC booster converter rather than transformer. He explain that i might have small current to charging a device. Than i explained to him that my objective the output at USB port is 5V,100mA. After that he suggested me to verify the charging time and also verify which range of different temperature give the best output. He also suggested me to compare charging time using DC-DC booster converter and transformer.
 
The second presentation with Miss Pusparini Dewi Binti Abd Aziz also went well. Again, I successfully answered her question during the Q&A session except for the last question about cold side design. She does suggested me to compare the output that will generate by using DC brushless fan motor with heat sink and liquid coolant heat sink. 
 
Conclusion:
I successfully managed to attend and present my project proposal. This is a good thing for my project as the presentation went well. The mark from the presentation will be add to the total mark of FYP 1. At the end of the day, there are several suggestion which I will be facing:
  1. Verified the charging time using DC-DC booster converter and transformer.
  2. Verified the best range different temperature which give the best output.
  3. Verified the temperature that will generate by using DC brushless fan motor with heat sink and liquid coolant heat sink at cold side of thermoelectric module.

No comments:

Post a Comment